OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Quillback

Big M area 2/20

Got to the launch about 1030 in the AM.  It was 35 degrees, cloudy and windy.  I have forgotten what nice weather feels like.  The wind did die down about 2 PM and the sun even came out for a bit, it was almost nice.

Fishing was slow, caught 9 bass, 2 were keepers, all Ned fish, usually they were in the 10-20 foot range.  Had a bite on a tube, missed that one.  Fish were scattered and hard to find.  Could be the water temp had gone down a little, it being around 43 degrees, and that made things tough.  

Caught a 6XD also.

large.Feb20sm.jpglarge.Feb20MN.jpg

That smaller one is a beautiful meanmouth. I love catching them. Such neat fish. I'm with ya on the weather...mother nature sure doesn't want to let winter go this time around it seems

9 hours ago, 1farmer said:

Did the 6XD bite the ned?

x

Yep, bit and hung on, made a couple of surges at the boat, jumped a couple of times, but I was able to get it in the net.  They fight a heckuva lot harder than a 5XD.

23 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

@Quillback Congrats! It has to be tiring catching those green and brown fish. Bet you just can't wait to fish for some more colorful fish on the White 😁!

Yes sir, I am certainly looking forward to fishing the White.  Hopefully catch some of those brown fish with spots on them.