fish cleaning

97procraft

• Members
On 2/27/2019 at 2:59 PM, fishinwrench said:

Here's a conspiracy theory for ya ....

After those yellow vinyl MDC measuring stickers sit in the sun awhile, they actually measure 1/4" short.   

Accident? 🤔 You decide. 

When they came out that very thing got my buddy a ticket and they didn't have a thing to say even when we showed the agent the problem when he checked us.  Cost my buddy over $100 bucks and that was in the late 70's.  They knew and haven't done a thing to change it.  The fish was an eighth inch over.  1/8" over, he measured with a home made measuring board.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, BillT said:

And he has a pair of binoculars. Don't ask how I know. LOL

He  has more than that. I watched one set up a stool and a try pod with a big telescope on it just off my road a few yers back. He spent a couple hours watching some place all the way on the other side of Gladstone Hollow Cove. He was in uniform as well. But you know they work together with other law enforcement. For ll I know hevmight have been staking out for state police

A warden lied to me all those years ago, i guess.  So, if I continue fishing for sunfish and gullet hook a fish (trout)  I am limited out on, how do I comply with the "unharmed" part of the immediate release?

1 hour ago, tjm said:

A warden lied to me all those years ago, i guess.  So, if I continue fishing for sunfish and gullet hook a fish (trout)  I am limited out on, how do I comply with the "unharmed" part of the immediate release?

You're being overly technical.  There's a line of "intent" that is usually always considered.    If they try to give you a citation then remind them of the 12 year old girl that accidentally shot the elk.....whom they turned into a magazine article hero, high-fiving her.