OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
edmashburn

transplanted Arkie to the Gulf Coast

Good afternoon to all- I lived in the Ozarks and fished many of the creeks, streams, rivers and lakes up there. I do miss the smallmouth bass in  the creeks, and I do miss the trout that I sometimes could fool- not often.

These days I live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama and Florida. My best fly fishing success lately came last fall when I hooked and caught a mid to upper 20 pound redfish on my old 12 weight rig- had quite a little tussle there for a while. I'm headed over to Panama City Beach, Florida the end of February to fish for inshore and offshore stuff- I hope to get into some amberjack on the fly rod- yep, I'm looking for punishment.

I hope you all get into some good fish- I hope it's not too cold for you. I planted tomatoes yesterday in the garden, and I caught a whole potfull of fat crappie this morning.

Hope to hear from some of you if you ever think about coming down this way to go fishing- it's pretty good.

good night to all- Ed

Great area, lots to fish for, jet ski fishing is growing there, can get you to smal sand island and cool flats not fished much, always wanted to Pompeo fish with fly gear, kinda like baby permit! Be sure and post pics of your adventures... mmmm fish river grill great eats!