Winter time and chasing them grey ghost... Love it

Lance34

Don’t mean to fill up the forum with crappie reports again...  Just enjoy this page and again it’s helped me when starting out fishing this 31,700 acre puzzle...  Lots of good info buried throughout the years here...  

I like too as well use it as a journal for myself to go back on...  

Okay...  WT 44, 1123 lake level, and kind of that greenish stain color again...  Maybe call it dingy🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Whatever it is...  It makes you have to guess the depth from pervious trips of brown water....

Have to start out with putting rods at various depths until I figure the pattern.  Go deep, go shallow, and go middle of the road...  With a double minnow rig you got two feet depth ranges to help dial it in...  Just need to catch a couple.  When you do, stop and ask what just happened...  What was the speed, depth of water, depth of rigs, and most important to me personally what kind of lake contour/bottom structure are they relating to...  Humps, channel, flat, edges? Then also what way is the wind blowing and direction am I going with that wind...  

The bite started off fast...  Had like 11 in no time.  I don’t know if it was because the wind laid some, it started misting rain or their tummies just got full...  But them last four you had to work for🤣

Best depth was 8 feet down over 16-14 fow.  

Fished for 4 hours 11:30ish to 3:30...  Culled a few 10.5” fish for a little more meat.... There’s a ton of good eating 11-12 inch fish this year...  These high water years are paying off...

God Bless and good fishing...  Lance 

2E0B6090-8118-4707-A8F4-79F26A83773F.jpeg

DDA33A31-7B88-4AD0-8691-16A4B2EC8B3E.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Lance34 said:

Don’t mean to fill up the forum with crappie reports again...  Just enjoy this page and again it’s helped me when starting out fishing this 31,700 acre puzzle...  Lots of good info buried throughout the years here...  

I like too as well use it as a journal for myself to go back on...  

Okay...  WT 44, 1123 lake level, and kind of that greenish stain color again...  Maybe call it dingy🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Whatever it is...  It makes you have to guess the depth from pervious trips of brown water....

Have to start out with putting rods at various depths until I figure the pattern.  Go deep, go shallow, and go middle of the road...  With a double minnow rig you got two feet depth ranges to help dial it in...  Just need to catch a couple.  When you do, stop and ask what just happened...  What was the speed, depth of water, depth of rigs, and most important to me personally what kind of lake contour/bottom structure are they relating to...  Humps, channel, flat, edges? Then also what way is the wind blowing and direction am I going with that wind...  

The bite started off fast...  Had like 11 in no time.  I don’t know if it was because the wind laid some, it started misting rain or their tummies just got full...  But them last four you had to work for🤣

Best depth was 8 feet down over 16-14 fow.  

Fished for 4 hours 11:30ish to 3:30...  Culled a few 10.5” fish for a little more meat.... There’s a ton of good eating 11-12 inch fish this year...  These high water years are paying off...

Just another reason I like your posts Lance. Teaching and helping others. This collaboration of various forums here on OAF is great!

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

5 hours ago, Lance34 said:

Don’t mean to fill up the forum with crappie reports again...  

Another great report ABOUT crappie. Definitely not a CRAPPIE report! Great info. Now I just need a boat, long rods, bait and a lake to fish them on😌.

Hey Lance, you go right ahead and keep putting out those reports. Without you there would not be many at all. Electrical woes have kept me on land for the winter, but next week I'll be working mid-lake looking for just a tiny bit of your success. Your reports are terrific, in depth and presentation. I thank you!

I say "fill it up".  I like any success reports.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)