OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

On 3/1/2019 at 8:33 PM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

A ragged nondescript nymph can be deadly.  

I agree, and these fit the bill

2 hours ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

scuds.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Too bad the darn weather is so miserable. I'd like to "field test" them soon.

Although I don't remember fly-fishing when the temps were in the teens, I'm sure that I have.  I'm also sure that there's a reason why I have no desire to do it now.  

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Although I don't remember fly-fishing when the temps were in the teens, I'm sure that I have.  I'm also sure that there's a reason why I have no desire to do it now.  

I have pictures but I just don't want to suffer that much anymore.  Thats ice down the face of the dam.  20 years ago.

IMG_4682.jpg

Back in my die-hard bowhunting days a buddy and I stood in tree stands from before daylight until 3:pm when the high temp for the day was 16°

I'll never forget it because it was the coldest I have ever been, and it was totally stupid because even if a deer had came into one of my shooting lanes there's no way I could have drawn the bow and pulled off a decent shot.

Neither one of us wanted to be the first one to puss out.....so we both stayed until finally I couldn't take it anymore. I was afraid if I stayed a minute longer I wouldn't be able to climb out of the tree.

I remember a winter when I was 8 years old fishing between Outlet 2 and 3 with my grandpa. It was sleeting and about 15 degrees but man were we catching fish. I ended up catching my PB brown (so far). Gramps had a thing of blackberry brandy with him and we waded over to me and said "here, take a little sip. It'll warm you up. But don't tell anyone back at the cabin." I took a nip and it did warm me up. First thing I said when we got back was "well, had my first sip of brandy today!" That went over well..

If I didn’t have to constantly deal with ice in my guides, I wouldn’t have a problem fishing in the teens and 20s. I fished Friday and the ice in my gyides was driving me crazy.