OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

I'm needing some advice from the experts on here.  I'm looking for a new two piece rod around a 50dollar budget.  It's going to be mainly for fishing the trout parks and two piece so it fits in the wife's vehicle when the whole family goes.  I hope I'm posting this in the right spot.  Thanks for any input.

I would suggest getting a 7 foot Browning Airstream. Bass pro sells then for $59.99 but often has them on sale for $49. 

They are lightweight rods with a lot of sensitivity and a decent backbone for good hooksets and able to land big fish. Lots of the fish photos on the Jigfest threads were landed with Airstream rods.

1 hour ago, Johnsfolly said:

I would suggest getting a 7 foot Browning Airstream. Bass pro sells then for $59.99 but often has them on sale for $49. 

They are lightweight rods with a lot of sensitivity and a decent backbone for good hooksets and able to land big fish. Lots of the fish photos on the Jigfest threads were landed with Airstream rods.

I do not see any browning airstreams on bass pros website.  I do see bass Pro airstream rods, is that what you were referring too?   Thank you for the input.

I've not seen Browning anywhere but Bass Pro, I figured it was a store brand. I have a 7' Air Stream and it's a bit whippy for me and a 6'-6" may be a better choice. That being said I use it for crappie or a light Ned rig and it's handled some larger fish very well.

Air Streams appear to be a Bass Pro Shops exclusive. 

I don’t use my AirStreams for Ned rigs at all. It’s a little light and soft for that even with Nanofil. 

Straight up, I think it is the best trout jig rod you can get at that price break point. 

Airstream, 6” or 6.5”.