OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Ozark Nomad

Current Stream Conditions

Wondering if anyone has a report on the current stream conditions at Bennett after the rain we got last night and today?  I see water levels and stream flow are up according to the USGS website but I haven’t fished it enough to know what that translates to in fishing conditions. Thinking about heading there tomorrow but don’t want to make the hour drive if it is blown out. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Ozark Nomad said:

Wondering if anyone has a report on the current stream conditions at Bennett after the rain we got last night and today?  I see water levels and stream flow are up according to the USGS website but I haven’t fished it enough to know what that translates to in fishing conditions. Thinking about heading there tomorrow but don’t want to make the hour drive if it is blown out. Thanks. 

Maybe call Weaver's...

I JUST LOOKED AT THE FLOW FROM THE USGA WEBSITE AND IT IS AT 415 CUBIC FEET PER SECOND .ON OPENING DAY IT WAS AROUND 230 CFS.THE WATER WILL DEFINITELY GET MORE COLOR TO IT.THIS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY PUSH THE FISH TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OR THE SIDES.THIS IS ALOT MORE FLOW THAN I LIKE.

1 minute ago, fshndoug said:

I JUST LOOKED AT THE FLOW FROM THE USGA WEBSITE AND IT IS AT 415 CUBIC FEET PER SECOND .ON OPENING DAY IT WAS AROUND 230 CFS.THE WATER WILL DEFINITELY GET MORE COLOR TO IT.THIS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY PUSH THE FISH TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OR THE SIDES.THIS IS ALOT MORE FLOW THAN I LIKE.

Now that you have convinced most people not to make the trip, I will meet you there this afternoon at 1:00.

Water was up level with the spillway lip but a good color. Park was crowded for a Sunday afternoon. Only fished about 4 hours. I was trying out a new hook today to see how it would hold up. It hooked up good, held good, and the point stayed sharp for the first 20 or so fish, maybe 30. I am thinking that maybe tomorrow I will add some fly tying material to it.

49 minutes ago, laker67 said:

Water was up level with the spillway lip but a good color. Park was crowded for a Sunday afternoon. Only fished about 4 hours. I was trying out a new hook today to see how it would hold up. It hooked up good, held good, and the point stayed sharp for the first 20 or so fish, maybe 30. I am thinking that maybe tomorrow I will add some fly tying material to it.

Excellent!

Multi zone hook. Be sure to wash the worm smell off of it before you tie stuff on it and changing zones :) .   Like snagged said. Wish I was closer to meet some of you guys and learn something,

BilletHead