OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

I took family last May to the ash river area of lake Kabetagoma up by international falls...had a great time catching big smallmouth on poppers.

now my oldest wants to try Texas.  He is on spring break in two weeks...so I would like to take him.   

We have Oklahoma fishing license...so I was thinking Murray, Arbuckle, Texoma, McGee creek or broken bow...but he would prefer texas

I’ll be honest...I’m scared of lake fork...our boat is an old Lilleys landing rental g3...it’s a great boat...but not a big water boat.  I’ve heard horror stories about lake fork this time of year...my buddy Dave swamped his champion down there fifteen years ago.

ive done a little internet scouting...my buddy lives down by Sam Rayburn but again...giant lake in a small boat.  So that worries me...plus the alligator picture he sent me...I will try to post it.

lake Dunlap looks cool...but long way down there...any body have a suggestion for a smaller slash sheltered lake in Texas that has big bass?

28B0D951-BC66-4119-AD03-858D62937EF5.jpeg

I was at Fork 3 years ago in my 17’ G3 bass boat.  You would be ok there, as long as you stay out of the main lake channel. We had a room in the Little Caney, and ventured over to the Big Caney with no issues. The Little Caney has all you need to catch big fish, without venturing to far. 

5F9E93E9-C00F-41A4-B143-A7129F0D5C5F.jpeg

615D6C7E-AA9F-4700-AC09-331AED60D47F.jpeg

465F57A6-FEF2-465F-B106-9B1ADE79ED53.jpeg