OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
grizwilson

Terrovova 80/US2-45 w/i-pilot Spot Lock

remotepedal.jpgHave a carefully used Terrova,  the spot lock is a game changer for crappie and trout, I have went to a Ultrex due to an ankle injury .  A New one is about $2000 so $800???It is on the boat and glad to test drive, it all works fine...at least what I am smart enough to use.  Attached are pictures, the first is the worse scuff on the motor, likely could buff out.  will consider shipping???? or meet in SW MO Thanks

scratch.jpg

bottom.jpg

front.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

lower left.jpg

lower right.jpg

manual.jpg

You said you went to the ultrex because of the docks at LOZ. That is where I spend my time so do you think I would be happy with it? I dont really go in between the docks much.

Well this is a bit embarrassing on the open forum, but it appears I lack the intelligence and/or coordination to operate it properly.  Guys tell me I just have to "learn" it but it has been a problem for me.  I use the remote quite well.  For spot lock on brush, or maintaining a 1.3 mph on points for walleye it is just wonderful.  I do fish behind docks….a lot, afraid of damaging my boat or a dock have to be careful.  I seemed to be learning it well but sustained a ankle injury in January 2017 that has limited my fishing time, and my ankle simply does not seem to have the control to operate the flatter pedal. Will you like it?  Can not say for sure, but if I was choosing between a Terrova or a conventional foot control..... the Terrova wins easy.  

10 hours ago, stuartsx5 said:

You said you went to the ultrex because of the docks at LOZ. That is where I spend my time so do you think I would be happy with it? I dont really go in between the docks much.

2 hours ago, grizwilson said:

Well this is a bit embarrassing on the open forum, but it appears I lack the intelligence and/or coordination to operate it properly.  Guys tell me I just have to "learn" it but it has been a problem for me.  I use the remote quite well.  I seemed to be learning it well but sustained a ankle injury in January 2017 that has limited my fishing time, and my ankle simply does not seem to have the control to operate the flatter pedal. 

Hey man you are trying to find the niche of what works best for you. We all have to adjust to fit our individual needs.  Seems we have to adjust daily at our age. You are making a great deal for someone on the forums. If I had decided to go 24V instead of 12V I would of been all over this deal. Still fighting getting Miss Pat's birthday trolling motor here. First one came in damaged from shipping. What a fiasco but number two should arrive today. Again great deal Griz,

BilletHead

47 minutes ago, grizwilson said:

Well this is a bit embarrassing on the open forum, but it appears I lack the intelligence and/or coordination to operate it properly. 

For me griz. It has been a learning curve. I have gotten so used to that remote, I hardly use the foot control. But there are time for me that the foot control would be better.  So I'm making myself get better. It's just lack of use for me. But it isn't like the one we grew up with. Mike

I have been having some issues with my motor and it probably needs to be replaced but I am also paying for a wedding in June so I need to check my budget🤨. I should know in a couple days and I will get back with you. I've always wanted the spot lock.

I'm putting my boat on the water Sunday afternoon.  If I am still having issues with my TM I will get in touch with you Sunday or Monday.

5 hours ago, stuartsx5 said:

I'm putting my boat on the water Sunday afternoon.  If I am still having issues with my TM I will get in touch with you Sunday or Monday.

Best of luck.  I should be in phone range Sunday evening.