Favorite Portable Blind

Gavin

There isn't one in my opinion. I always use local material like logs and sticks and build a round "fort" if you will. I will take a couple of those $10 rolls of camo burlap and drap around. Find a nice log to use for sitting. 

Or you can build a lay down type with the same material. 

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

7 hours ago, Gavin said:

Looking at a portable panel blinds that could work on shore or staked in water. Any favorites?

Good question Gavin, 

I know you asked about staking in water for an option too. Get some woven wire and grass either commercial blind material or cut some pampas grass and weave in and out of the wire. Wrap the grassed wire around you and sit on a stool. Use some stakes of some sort for bracing,

thumbnail_1031181331 (2).jpgthumbnail_1031181329a (2).jpg      We don't do large and bulky here in BilletHeadVille. Small and stealthy is the game. 

This is just like opening the canoe / kayak debate. Pat and I favor just a commercial lay out blind. So versatile from fields for geese to pond banks. They breakdown and fold up quickly. Pretty quick blending in with what ever you set it in or on. Just stuff the stubble straps full. With you laying down and doors folded you have a wind break. I have been known to doze off in mine. Have hauled it in boat and put on dry ground in marshes in duck parks.  

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Yes she is. I have a name for this blind but can't share on forum. 🤗.

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

2 hours ago, BilletHead said:

thumbnail_1031181329a (2).jpg     

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Sadie is blowing your cover.  😅

Don't worry about Sadie its the sun off of the dome that will get the birds flaring from this blind :D!

2 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Don't worry about Sadie its the sun off of the dome that will get the birds flaring from this blind :D!

Isn't everyone that had a flagpole growing out the top of their head either. I can flag the birds in real well that way. Tough boating through the timber.

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

Haven't you heard of the reflective blinds that make you look like your surroundings? Chrome dome does that. Duck magnet I tell you. You are supposed to sit up where birds look into the sun rendering them blind. Again duck magnet I tell you 😁

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead