OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
MNtransplant

Got the skunk off 😁

20190326_152216.jpgPhew!....finally after 3 trips with nada I got off the schneide today.

I ended up with about a dozen really nice whites and one dink...all caught on the same $0.20 1/8th ouncewhite maribou jig from Walmart.

In the morning it needed to be a slow retrieve with a snap and fall action...they always picked it up on the fall and you had to let em grab it for a second before stickin it to em.

Closer to noon it needed to be a slightly faster (still slow) retrieve while putting a more subtle swimming action to the jig with the rod tip.

I was happy to find i hadnt lost my touch and could still pick up on subtle hits.

There was one other guy doing well on a small chartreuse plastic of some sort and a guy that came by in a boat had a few as well on the A rig.

Felt awesome to feel a few hard fighting whites on the end of the rod...thats what keeps us all comin back!

Now i gotta learn to tie some maribou jigs, any tips on where to buy some good maribou??

20190327_114159.jpg

Went out and bought some maribou and whipped these up...the all white ones i did hackle wrap style and the two tones i stacked with 3 plumes. How did i do?

11 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Not bad. Those will definitely fish.

You could get some bucktail and tie them up like a clouser. Bit more sparse. Or just go with what you got. It won't matter when you get it in front of a hungry one. 

Bucktail is definitely the next material on my list!

2 hours ago, MNtransplant said:

20190327_114159.jpg

Went out and bought some maribou and whipped these up...the all white ones i did hackle wrap style and the two tones i stacked with 3 plumes. How did i do?

MNtransplant,

Not sending you out to buy other colors but chartreuse over white and blue over white work. Just saying :) ,

BilletHead 

58 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Not bad. Those will definitely fish.

You could get some bucktail and tie them up like a clouser. Bit more sparse. Or just go with what you got. It won't matter when you get it in front of a hungry one. 

Those jigs are nice man. Not sure if my clousers are sparse enough Ronnie but they are fishing just fine :).

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

BilletHead

7 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

MNtransplant,

Not sending you out to buy other colors but chartreuse over white and blue over white work. Just saying :) ,

BilletHead 

Those jigs are nice man. Not sure if my clousers are sparse enough Ronnie but they are fishing just fine :).

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

BilletHead

20190327_135839.jpg

You cant be without chartreuse over white, right??