A windy Spring day on the Spring. Another BilletHead Trip Report

The weather guesser just said that we (as in me...here in Gravi) can expect up to 4" of rain in the next 24 hours.  

This is really good news for me and my White bass chasing.   Y'all can talk all the smack on me ya want to, you'll not put a damper on my lovely Spring.  😋

21 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

The weather guesser just said that we (as in me...here in Gravi) can expect up to 4" of rain in the next 24 hours.  

This is really good news for me and my White bass chasing.   Y'all can talk all the smack on me ya want to, you'll not put a damper on my lovely Spring.  😋

Hope you get it and it helps. Personally I don't want any!

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

3 hours ago, WoundedOne said:

The storm had other plans for my day off. No fishing for me today😡

Sorry to hear about your issues with the storm. Hope you can get out soon buddy! Go catch those whites!

On 3/28/2019 at 5:42 PM, BilletHead said:

Want me to quit reporting ? Wish you were with me,

BilletHead

@Flysmallie he says that to everyone until you can actually get the time to go with him then its like don't have the time or its a little windy....😢

On 3/28/2019 at 5:28 PM, BilletHead said:

Couldn't stand it Had to go back. Up at 4:30 and checked the weather for Miami OK. Said good for about half the day and 10 MPH winds. Loaded up and headed down solo. Part of the forecast was spot on but the wind part not so much. Got in line at the ramp. Three rigs ahead of me and several already on the water. I made the run up to where Curt and I caught last week to see only one boat so ran around the corner to see three boats and guys fishing. Tried there with no hits but seen three fish caught but smaller fish. I dropped back down to last weeks spot and I was the only one on that side but began catching using same thing as last week. I was actually feeling lonely with only a couple boats there including me. Worked up and down a forty yard stretch. Started off pretty slow but picked up. 7 wt. with 250 grain sink tip. Chartreuse over white clouser.  Fish were caught from two food deep next to windblown bank to 7 foot deep where the boat set. Some fish hit as fly was sinking , on the swing and stripped. Did not seem to matter. Other boats in and out in that area. They would catch one or two and leave out. Most heading upstream to who knows where. I figured why leave fish to find fish. Mixed bag today and that was pretty cool. Probably started actually fishing at 8 AM and decided to quit at 11 AM or 25 fish. At 11 on my last cast caught number 25,

thumbnail_0328191105.jpg    18 white bass , 4 crappie, 2 hybrids and one drum. A trip really isn't complete without a drum :)thumbnail_0328190848.jpg Thought is was really neat the crappie out from bank with  no brush mixed in with the whites. They must of had their bellies in the mud as I was right on the bottom. Almost changed lines and targeted the crappie but what I was using worked.thumbnail_0328191047a.jpg      Another plus to this week as opposed to last week. The whites were sows. Good ones at that,

thumbnail_0328190857.jpg   The hybrids did what hybrids do slammed the clouser and fought like heck. That is why hybrids and my favorite fly rod fish to catch. Both of them were right on the bank, thumbnail_0328190844.jpg    I had orders from Mrs. BilletHead to bring home fish so I did as I was told. Brought home 15 whites and the 4 crappie. Sprinkled on way home and now here in BilletHeadVille doing this report it is black outside with thunder and lightning. Good morning. You all need to go and get you some,

Forgot to add WT up to 55 degrees

BilletHead

This post has been promoted to an article

Nice report Marty glad to see the little woman helping out on her sick day 😂.

1 hour ago, Johnsfolly said:

@Flysmallie he says that to everyone until you can actually get the time to go with him then its like don't have the time or its a little windy....😢

Oh baloney,

You want to go when the run is over or the weather in inclement!

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

I got in about 3 hours today just upstream from the old bridge. Wasn't really sure about the rain and saw where people were wading and catching so that is what I did today. Put on the waders and went out. Caught four nice ones but they came in the same hour so after that it wasn't very impressive. Not a great day though with the storms moving through. I did see some fish being caught. Caught mine on a fluke and crankbait. 

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

On 3/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, fishinwrench said:

Let me know when it’s in full run please. 😀