OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

Yeah i float that several times each spring with my buddies. I like that float quite a bit because you cover several good holes of water, especially during higher water years. We always wear waders because a few of the riffles have hazards that we don't want to risk riding out. There were 4 of us in a jon boat and a canoe yesterday and we had 51 whites and 2 walleye. My buddy lost 2 more walleye in about a 5 minute span. 1 of which was a 4 or 5 lber that broke his line.

Do the whites typically bite better in the afternoons? Ive had limited luck in the early mornings amd better luck midday..never really had a chance to give it a shot in the afternoon 

In my experience, early on in the run when the water temps are still cool the afternoons are generally better. I think because the water has time to heat up throughout the day. As we get later into the run, usually by end of March or so I don't think timing matters much. I've never noticed much of a difference in the amount of fish I catch between morning or afternoon.