April 5th-Bass

Lifes2Short

What a difference a few days make. Went back to the places in Sons Creek I caught them on the 2nd and blanked, all the places!  Over 9 hours two of us caught 6 small blacks, 6 whites and 1 crappie.  Jigs and jerkbaits caught the few fish we had. Talked to a number of folks fishing and everybody seemed to be struggling, especially the crappie fishermen.  52 to 55 degree water temps.  Tight Lines......NOT. 😩

Pretty much the same for me. Not sure why it was so difficult. No wind might had played a little in it. Had 3 bites all day. That produced a couple of small spots. one on a ned and one on a small swim bait. I'm hoping the crappie pick up soon. Seen pretty much the same temps over in the high point area.  Mike

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

• Members

We were out a little after 7 am to about 1 pm. I caught 6 LM and my buddy only had one! Caught the majority in/around chicken rock (chicken foot?) and one keeper over in Sons. Of the 6 I caught, two were keepers - but they were small - albeit, healthy. I missed a few, but all of mine came on a whacky rig 7" BPS senko-type bait. His came on a small in-line spinner. We also threw several spinners, cranks, a jerk and even a zarra spook in the early morning. Either they were waiting for the evening to feed, or they weren't there yesterday morning.