Mark Twain Crappie Reports 2019

Kramr

Wife and I are now retired and able to spend more time doing what we enjoy. Crappie fishing is one of those things and Mark Twain is the closest large lake that we can travel to for a one day outing. Hoping to get detailed crappie reports for MTL. Seems like this forum isn't well supported even though there a tons of people fishing Mark Twain. Not sure why this forum isn't busier.

Anyway, please post your latest reports for what works and what didn't. The report doesn't have to be long, just specify the following.

Where on the lake: 

What type of bank/area you found them:

What total depth did you find them and what depth were they holding at:

What technique did you use:

You can copy paste the above into your response and just type after the colon if it makes it easier. I'm sure I left some detail(s) out so let me know what I should add.

53 minutes ago, Kramr said:

Wife and I are now retired and able to spend more time doing what we enjoy. Crappie fishing is one of those things and Mark Twain is the closest large lake that we can travel to for a one day outing. Hoping to get detailed crappie reports for MTL. Seems like this forum isn't well supported even though there a tons of people fishing Mark Twain. Not sure why this forum isn't busier.

Anyway, please post your latest reports for what works and what didn't. The report doesn't have to be long, just specify the following.

Where on the lake: 

What type of bank/area you found them:

What total depth did you find them and what depth were they holding at:

What technique did you use:

You can copy paste the above into your response and just type after the colon if it makes it easier. I'm sure I left some detail(s) out so let me know what I should add.

Have you ever been to Prairie Slough near Elsberry?  Back in the 90's it had excellent crappie fishing.  We would just hit every downed tree along the bank.  We caught some real nice ones there.  Save you a little drive time.

5 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Have you ever been to Prairie Slough near Elsberry?  Back in the 90's it had excellent crappie fishing.  We would just hit every downed tree along the bank.  We caught some real nice ones there.  Save you a little drive time.

Have to check that out. Certainly never heard of it. Quite a bit closer! Thanks!

3 hours ago, Haris122 said:

Might get to go up there in early May but until then got nothing to post. 

Wife and I are only fishing on weekdays to avoid crowds and still seeing a lot of people in the area we fished so I know others are out just like us. When you do go to MW, please post your trip results.

For good up to info on Mark Twain check out the South Fork Resort web site and click on blogs. Ron and Mary do a great job on posting conditions and they also have nice cabins etc for staying. PM me if you can't find their site

19 hours ago, Kramr said:

Wife and I are only fishing on weekdays to avoid crowds and still seeing a lot of people in the area we fished so I know others are out just like us. When you do go to MW, please post your trip results. 

Will do.

4 hours ago, dave potts said:

For good up to info on Mark Twain check out the South Fork Resort web site and click on blogs. Ron and Mary do a great job on posting conditions and they also have nice cabins etc for staying. PM me if you can't find their site

I have a short cut and visit it often for new fishing report updates. Wife and I even stayed there before.

• 4 weeks later...

I went this past weekend up there with some fishing buddies, but unfortunately I have very little useful stuff to report. We fished a good chunk of Saturday, and a bit on Sunday, but we had electrical and motor issues almost the entire time, which cut down on our fishing. Saturday they caught some crappie and a little bass around Ray Behrens and a few more crappie in the Spalding recreation area coves on minnows under bobbers and slip bobbers in shallow water, while I struck out trying tube jigs under slip bobbers and throwing small crankbaits close to shore, hoping for crappie and bass or anything else for that matter. We tried catfishing for an hour or so Saturday night from shore by the ramp on BB with some cut up shad but nothing came of that. Sunday morning we headed out from the South Fork ramp and fished a bit from there with no success, but electrical issues caught back up with us and we were forced to call it a trip before we got stuck out in the lake. Weather was quite nice, and a lot of people we're out, but water visibility was really low, less than half a foot I'd say, and there was lots of debris close to shore from the high water.