OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
polock

my fishing report for jan 14-16

I motored up to the last boat ramp on the right, just below the dam the 14-15 about 6:45am and fished back towards lilley's about 4 hours each day. I caught a ton of fish on a 1/16oz olive/black jig with 4lb test. I limited out each day with fish under 12". I averaged about 1 fish per 10 minutes with the jigs. Most of which were around 15inches. Right below the dam I had a 22"+ rainbow break my line when I missed him with the net. I didn't have much luck with rapalas or rooster tails. My white, olive, and black buggers were working great, size 10's. Just below fall creek I floated the afternoon of the 15th and the morning of the 16th and caught about 10 fish on white power eggs. Orange didn't work very well this time for me. I was rigging them about 15 inches from the bottom and they were biting best about 20' from the bank.

A big thanks to all the folks a lilley's landing. I WILL BE BACK IN THE FALL. Wait to get your fly tying stuff at lilleys, much cheaper than bass pro.