OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

Nothing today at Taylor. Had 3 really soft hits and missed em all..then everything shut off..didnt really see anyone catching

1 hour ago, Jhoff said:

It was rough yesterday morning between two of us we had 11.  We had to go past the scurves for them.

I keep hearing about these S curves...are they upstream from Taylor? Or the area downstream of the Orleans steel bridge?

Btw, im headed out early tomorrow if anyone is gonna be out there say hello. Ill be throwing a bright green lews combo!

Try to catch a few before the rain

9 hours ago, bologna said:

Easier to get there by water vs walking from Taylor fyi.

Phew! You were right Bologna...i walked it today and its a hike for sure. Cool area though. Fishes more like trout water with riffles, eddies, and pools. I will definitely have to get back up there with the flyrod next time. When i got up there i got two nice ones back to back but that was it...got em both on my homemade 1/16th oz. white hair jigs..they hit pretty aggressive so i was surprised that i couldnt convince a few more. Tried around Taylor before and after making the hike upriver, but no luck

20190413_094924.jpg20190413_095031.jpg

If we get the rain that brings the river up tonight then the s curves should be loaded with fish next week. That gravel bar through there is always loaded with fly fisherman after you start catching fish in the riffles thru there.

30 minutes ago, bwcballer10 said:

If we get the rain that brings the river up tonight then the s curves should be loaded with fish next week. That gravel bar through there is always loaded with fly fisherman after you start catching fish in the riffles thru there.

Hmmm...maybe one of those fly fisherman will be me..