OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Why bother

I have been using jigs crawls spinnerbaits worms and swim baits and not catching anything.   Today I fished a spot with craws and worms with no bites.  I made 1 cast with a Ned and got a 2.5 green fish.  I went on to catch 16 more up to 4.75 with 6 nice keepers.

All on Ned Drew's craw.

7741.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I have been using jigs crawls spinnerbaits worms and swim baits and not catching anything.   Today I fished a spot with craws and worms with no bites.  I made 1 cast with a Ned and got a 2.5 green fish.  I went on to catch 16 more up to 4.75 with 6 nice keepers.

All on Ned Drew's craw.

Way to go Dutch. That had to be fun. That's really a nice bass!!!

Good job Dutch. 

In my humble opinion, the ned is one amazing bait.  I know some may scoff at it, but it sure produces for me.  A couple of years ago I had a friend call me up to get some advice on what to throw.  He had been invited to go with someone that used to fish Stockton a lot back in the 80's. I told him to throw the ned.  His friend was throwing something that used to be a hot bait back when he fished Stockton.   After my friend caught his 17th bass, the other guy broke down and asked for one. I guess he spent the rest of the trip catching fish and just shaking his head in disbelief. 

Dutch, I feel exactly the same about black and chartreuse crappie jigs, everbody uses them so i almost refuse, but sometimes when the need is great, then great sacrifices must be made.

Great job Dutch!!   We were on the water again today out of Mutton Creek and ended up with about a dozen bass and six keeper crappie.  All of our bass came on Ned rigs and brush hogs.  

2E6F9AEF-ED3A-4C99-9059-59CB3900C6DA.jpeg

I would like to catch some on brush hogs.  I threw it 2 days without a bite.

As for spots I had 1.  I have caught 2 in 3 trips