OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dblades

Baxter 29th

Seems I'm making weekly trips to Baxter. Didn't get on the water till after 1 this afternoon, decided to fish Little Indian. Only fished a couple of pockets, bite died a little when the wind laid down late in the afternoon. Once again the Tube was the prime bait for me , a couple on a jerkbait. I'd say if I was MLF fishing where every fish is a keeper it was a great day. Lots of 14 inchers of all varieties. I was able to complete the cycle for Table Rock, largemouth, smallmouth, spotted bass and a beautiful 13" meanmouth, bright green with bars on the side. My buddy hadn't ever seen one before . I did see three fish working a bed,fairly deep in the back of one pocket, lots of empties.Water temp was 65, most fish in the 5-10 foot range.

Would you happen to have a picture of your meanmouth? My partner caught one up the kings about a month ago and it was one of the coolest looking bass I have ever seen

Du eyty4.jpg