Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laker67

Spillway apron is gone

Recommended Posts

Lets hope so. Close to 4 inches of rain is what I am hearing from a local source. I wonder if they removed the tree at the rock hole prior to this flood. It was almost bank to bank last friday. That would do some damage if it went downstream. Not sure it would fit through the tube at the whistle bridge, or under the newly remodeled wooden bridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Directly upstream from the bluff hole in zone 2. Named for the large boulders{ rocks} underwater on the far bank.  The lower rock is known as "state record rock". A state record rainbow was caught there in 1974 by Bob Lamm of Sedalia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, laker67 said:

Directly upstream from the bluff hole in zone 2. Named for the large boulders{ rocks} underwater on the far bank.  The lower rock is known as "state record rock". A state record rainbow was caught there in 1974 by Bob Lamm of Sedalia. 

Thanks for that. I've actually been gathering bits and pieces of information about BSSP regarding things like that. Also looking at old photos, albeit online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flyfisher for men said:

Thanks for that. I've actually been gathering bits and pieces of information about BSSP regarding things like that. Also looking at old photos, albeit online. 

Due to flooding over the past 40 years, there are not a lot of the old landmarks left in place. Going upstream from the rock hole, you have kingfisher flats and above that is the high bank hole. In zone 1 about the only landmarks left are the gauge tower and the holland dam. Original wing dams have all been washed out and replaced. I can't recall if the sycamore tree is still standing for the sycamore hole. The hole is definitely gone. And of  course the original whistle bridge is gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, laker67 said:

Lets hope so. Close to 4 inches of rain is what I am hearing from a local source. I wonder if they removed the tree at the rock hole prior to this flood. It was almost bank to bank last friday. That would do some damage if it went downstream. Not sure it would fit through the tube at the whistle bridge, or under the newly remodeled wooden bridge. 

I was down last weekend but never made it down to zone 2 at all. Fished up below the Holland dam and up at the spring.  It was there the previous weekend though. 

 

Growing up, that would’ve been cut out the day after it fell.  Seen it numerous times. Park maintenance just isn’t what it used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 1, 2019 at 7:08 PM, laker67 said:

Due to flooding over the past 40 years, there are not a lot of the old landmarks left in place. Going upstream from the rock hole, you have kingfisher flats and above that is the high bank hole. In zone 1 about the only landmarks left are the gauge tower and the holland dam. Original wing dams have all been washed out and replaced. I can't recall if the sycamore tree is still standing for the sycamore hole. The hole is definitely gone. And of  course the original whistle bridge is gone. 

I'll have to look for a sycamore.  Whereabouts was it? The place definitely has evolved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.