OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laker67

Spillway apron is gone

1 hour ago, Flyfisher for men said:

I'll have to look for a sycamore.  Whereabouts was it? The place definitely has evolved. 

The sycamore hole was about 200 feet upstream from the raceway intake at the dam. In years past you could fish both sides of the creek in zone 1, but you had to be in the water on the hatchery side. Access was limited due to the deeper water and almost impossible at the blue hole. Lots of big fish laid up on that side and lots were caught by gaining access on the hatchery side.

On May 4, 2019 at 8:29 PM, laker67 said:

The sycamore hole was about 200 feet upstream from the raceway intake at the dam. In years past you could fish both sides of the creek in zone 1, but you had to be in the water on the hatchery side. Access was limited due to the deeper water and almost impossible at the blue hole. Lots of big fish laid up on that side and lots were caught by gaining access on the hatchery side.

This is precisely the sort of thing I like to learn. for instance, the blue hole is new one as well.

I once heard of a map or drawing they used to make of Bennet Spring and these very spots--the sort of thing you frame and put up on the wall as art. Wish they still made it.  

On 5/4/2019 at 7:06 PM, Flyfisher for men said:

I'll have to look for a sycamore.  Whereabouts was it? The place definitely has evolved. 

Sorry I missed this. The sycamore was about 500 feet upstream from the dam on the hatchery side. It had a nice bowl shaped and a little undercut to it. A great place for a big fish. 

On March 11, 2020 at 5:44 AM, laker67 said:

Sorry I missed this. The sycamore was about 500 feet upstream from the dam on the hatchery side. It had a nice bowl shaped and a little undercut to it. A great place for a big fish. 

Thanks, I find all of this very interesting. I'll check it out the next time I'm there.