Heading down for 10 days

Dutch

I am going to camp at Crabtree Cove and see if I can find any cooperative fish.  It has been over a week since I was at Hartley and the water has come up about 4 feet.

When this happened a couple of years ago the green fish went to the brush and the brown fish stayed out in open water.  It was a smallie fest for over a week.  I am hoping is it similar but if I have to I guess I will fish the brush.

• Members
5 hours ago, Dutch said:

I am hoping is it similar but if I have to I guess I will fish the brush.

Agreed! Green fish in the brush would be ideal.   They are so close to getting more active if the water warms up a just bit more. The green fish I have been catching have been mostly pale so they are just starting the spring move to shallower water and a more aggressive bite. I will be fishing Monday through Friday and will start in the flooded brush but not likely way deep into the creeks unless the water condition has improved significantly.

A little bit of sunshine and a couple warm nights and your "guess" would be masterful.

Tight lines. Fish safe and have some fun....

BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Ronald Reagan

Hey freefallin, how does the water look around there? Where do you happen to be? I was thinking about coming up and doing some fishing myself in the Mutton Creek area but didn't know the water conditions and didn't want to waste an hour plus drive if it's not worth it. Thank you very much if you happen to get this today

• Members

Hey Targa98,

I have primarily fished the Little Sac the last few years. Fished the Big Sac more in the 70s, 80,s and 90s. I would guess you will find a lot of good water north of Mutton Creek on the main lake body. The creeks near where I was up north were pretty sad up , murky and full of debris at least until Friday when I left to be home for the weekend. The main lake water is gorgeous. You might take Dutch's advice and fish some flooded vegetation near the main lake body. Additionally given the size of the tournament at Ruark today there are a lot of new fish swimming in that water. 😎

BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Ronald Reagan

We had a fairly decent trip. Only fish from 630 to 1030 bc of prior obligations but we out in a mutton. And stayed pretty close. We started shallow with jigs and flickers but ended up in 12-17 ft useing the trolling motor and just pulling around flicker shads. Ended up with 12 crappie and 1 22 in walleye. All in all awesome morning and fishing wasnt terrible. Thanks your your input yesterday

Fished this morning after the rain.  Wound up with 15 bass but only 2 keeps.   All on plastic. 

They were from 5 to 10 feet deep. Anywhere from the points to the back of the coves. 

Once again no spinnerbait bites. 

Stayed N of 215 bridge today. Had 39 bass with 9 keepers to 3.75 and 1 keeper walleye.   Again plastic was the only thing that was working.  Fish are moving to the coves.

7852.jpeg