Hows the lake looking

• Members

I haven't had the chance to make it to the lake in several weeks now but the weather has been less than stellar.  Last i heard they were letting as much water out as possible and the lake was still going up. Anybody been into the crappie with the high water?

Haven't been since the 5th, water was clear but had lots of debris up by the dam. Still caught crappie spawning, mostly small males, keepers but barely.

I had to look pretty hard to find them, any sort of structure that hung out past the flooded brush in 10-12 feet would have fish, like a laydown, dock, etc. Docks were especially productive.

I talked to some other guys that were catching them deeper. I think you can find them just about anywhere now. 

-Austin

Outflow has been dropped to minimum, and the lake is creeping up now.  Truman lake level has triggered a regulatory requirement that Pomme cannot release into it.

• Members

MOpanfisher do you know what the 10 day release schedule looks like?  Just wonder if Memorial weekend is going to be a flood out for us since the lake will keep rising. Just curious if they have a tentative date or lake level at Truman when they will release. They are releasing water at all the other Osage reservoirs but Pomme. 

3 hours ago, NicknKC said:

MOpanfisher do you know what the 10 day release schedule looks like?  Just wonder if Memorial weekend is going to be a flood out for us since the lake will keep rising. Just curious if they have a tentative date or lake level at Truman when they will release. They are releasing water at all the other Osage reservoirs but Pomme. 

The long term forecast is encouraging, barring any serious precipitation events.  Pomme, by regulation must be "in balance" with Truman.  Currently Truman is roughly 45-50% of its rated flood storage capacity.  Pomme is roughly 25%, so until Truman drops down to about 723 Pomme is restricted to minimum outflow of 50 CFS.  Right now looking like maybe middle of next week before that happens and Pomme can again begin releasing.  Truman is running turbines and some through the gates so hopefully they will be starting down.  Holiday weekend, Pomme will still be well above the spring time target of 841.  Currently Pomme is something like 850.7 or so, with only a few campsites flooded, however the beaches are underwater a,d most boat ramps while useable have issues such as a reduced maneuver area and courtesy docks un-useable.

Was out Monday afternoon there are a lot of big floaters on the lake. The water was surprisingly clear from Wheatland ramp towards the dam had probably 2-3 ft. of visibility.