OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Dirtrider389

Hows the lake looking

1 hour ago, Ranger520vx said:

Was out Monday afternoon there are a lot of big floaters on the lake. The water was surprisingly clear from Wheatland ramp towards the dam had probably 2-3 ft. of visibility.

If you go up lake from there you will quickly find a lot of floating debris.  Not enough wind to pile it up anywhere and sine lake isn't dropping it can't ground out anywhere yet.  Everyone just keep eyes open and be expecting to encounter the big floaters.  It's the ones you barely see that can get ugly fast.

1 hour ago, Cal2 said:

The forecast for Sat-Tuesday on the upper Osage basin is for 2-3" of heavy rain.

Cal, I reject your forecast and replace it with my own, sunny, windy and dry.  😎

Have seen some of those forecasts, will just have to see what happens.

3 hours ago, MOPanfisher said:

Cal, I reject your forecast and replace it with my own, sunny, windy and dry.  😎

Have seen some of those forecasts, will just have to see what happens.

It seems that Memorial weekend always has a little moisture in it. I have seen some folks sayin that just North of the Osage basin, someone is gonna get 7". I believe that is In the Kaw river valley? When I was just a youngen, my Grandpa had 1200 acres that took some Marais des Cygnes River.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:55 PM, MOPanfisher said:

Yest it is.  Pomme de Terre is part of the Osage basin.

So is everyfarm pond and lake. But it is not a part of the osage chain. Truman and LOZ are the chain here in Mo

3 hours ago, Old plug said:

So is everyfarm pond and lake. But it is not a part of the osage chain. Truman and LOZ are the chain here in Mo

Sorry Old Plug but Pomme, Stockton in MO and Melvern, Pomona and Hillsdale in Kansas are part of the Osage River chain, basin. Find a farm pond bigger than Pomme and I will include it also.