Ned

Larry Eby

Was thinking about what makes the ned so effective. Then I remembered an article done by pure fishing regarding craw pappies. Something to think about.

https://m.bassmaster.com/understanding-bass-forage-crawfish

An excerpt from the article.

For 60 days, 450 largemouth bass, plucked from the same environment, were tested using a robotic arm and a strike counter. Each group of bass was presented a crawfish bait at the same speed and angle of attack. The bass tested had never seen the bait that was presented (it was a prototype). The test then continued, with one pincer removed, then a second pincer removed, and finally, the legs. The soft bait that had no appendages (no legs or pincers, just a body and tail) had the greatest number of strikes.

I'm sure the bass don't like those sharp pointy things going down their gullet so ones that don't have those are more appealing to eat.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

Dad and I would catch crawdads out of the creek and he would always pull the pinchers off the bigger ones. He always said, don"t be afraid of them they won't hurt you. I thought this was why he pulled the pinchers, but I guess he new the fish liked them better that way. I'm no longer afraid of crawdads, but don't show me a hellgrammite.

I've now completely lost all respect for bass.

Seriously, picking on cripples and amputees?

Disgusting.

Just think if you and I did that?

We're talking some serious jail time I'm thinkin'......

Now I'm extra glad that Ned has a hook and can at least bite those hyenas back!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

Great article.

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

Well, I for one find this lacks credibility. Based on this article, you could just simply throw out what basically is a floating rubber stick with a fake head on it, and catch fish.  Just ludicrous!!!

LOL😁 

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

20 minutes ago, liphunter said:

Well, I for one find this lacks credibility. Based on this article, you could just simply throw out what basically is a floating rubber stick with a fake head on it, and catch fish.  Just ludicrous!!!

LOL😁 

And it could be called a stick worm.

It looks like a crawdad, minnow, tadpole wormy, thingy.

That is my scientific speak.

Oh and 50yrs ago dad use to take the pinchers off all the crawfish we fished with. 

Wish i had thought of it !

Trying to understand the mental workings of a critter with a brain the size of a peanut is a losing game.  I doubt if they even know themselves sometimes why they eat things like bright pink floating worms, or a chartreuse spinner bait.  Sometimes they just want it.