OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ham

5/16/19 Oakland

Oakland ramp is usable at 677.5. Likely usable for a few more feet. Courtesy dock in place and functional. Minimal parking. 

Water was as clear as I have ever seen Bull Shoals. 20 plus foot visibility. Skies were blue bird. I think the spawn is wrapping up. Looking for excuses here. 

I saw lots of great reports and had word from trusted friends. I did the “right” things and just didn’t get many bites. I caught 10 in 6 hours. I broke off one in a bush in 20 FOW. I lost one on the way up. And had ONE good bite that so didn’t hook. Usually when you got a bite, it was a hookup. 

You should expect to hang up a bunch. My lure retriever got a workout and did it’s job well, but I still lost tubes and shakey heads. Ned survived.

Pretty full of Humble Pie at this point, but I’ll be back for another serving next Wednesday. 

Interesting to note that I saw ZERO panfish. Nada. Zip. None on boat docks or shallow brush. WTH? 

Water temp was 72-75