Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
m&m

MLF scoring format

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Champ188 said:

NOW I know why I can't catch em anymore. 😂😝

well, you know as well as i do that the run of the mill bank beaters will struggle, and catch mostly dinks.  it really takes a good skill set to break down the shallow bass and figure out where the quality bites are.

rick holmden and bill watson were very good at it, and my buddy mike sowders is as good as it gets in figuring out a shallow bite.

bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, merc1997 said:

well, you know as well as i do that the run of the mill bank beaters will struggle, and catch mostly dinks.  it really takes a good skill set to break down the shallow bass and figure out where the quality bites are.

rick holmden and bill watson were very good at it, and my buddy mike sowders is as good as it gets in figuring out a shallow bite.

bo

You know as well as anyone that I like to poke fun at any opportunity... especially at myself! 😂

That shallow bite has sure changed over the years as we continue to lose valuable cover for both the baitfish and bass. Anymore, I pay far more attention to rock composition than wood. 

And I spend more and more time farther out with each passing year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Champ188 said:

You know as well as anyone that I like to poke fun at any opportunity... especially at myself! 😂

That shallow bite has sure changed over the years as we continue to lose valuable cover for both the baitfish and bass. Anymore, I pay far more attention to rock composition than wood. 

And I spend more and more time farther out with each passing year. 

on bull shoals, you really pay attention to rock type and transitions.  becoming more prevalent on table rock each year.

bo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quillback said:

Yeah I think you move about a 1/4 inch "farther out" every year.  😄

You do realize that's almost six and a half millimeters though don't you?

When one looks at it from that perspective it's actually quite a ways!

All things being relative and all.......😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the morning laughs, you guys. I needed that!

MRI is scheduled today at 12:30 to see what's going on with my back. Seeing the specialist again tomorrow. Ready to get some resolution going. This convalescent state is miserable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Champ188 said:

Thanks for the morning laughs, you guys. I needed that!

MRI is scheduled today at 12:30 to see what's going on with my back. Seeing the specialist again tomorrow. Ready to get some resolution going. This convalescent state is miserable. 

will keep you in our prayers.  back issues are not fun to deal with.

bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Champ188 said:

Thanks for the morning laughs, you guys. I needed that!

MRI is scheduled today at 12:30 to see what's going on with my back. Seeing the specialist again tomorrow. Ready to get some resolution going. This convalescent state is miserable. 

Hope all goes well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.