Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
snagged in outlet 3

Snakehead found in Missouri

Recommended Posts

Lots of guys here fish for snakeheads. Haven't tried for them this year. Will try to get my daughter to catch one. Supposed to be good to eat. Will have to report if and when we catch a couple.

Honestly I would prefer to not have another invasive moving into Missouri waters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't read the article because I'm not a subscriber but an ex-co-worker of mine said he caught about a 5lb one out of a golf course lake near Dardene Creek in St. Charles County several years back.  I'm pretty sure they have been in Missouri for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moguy1973 said:

I can't read the article because I'm not a subscriber but an ex-co-worker of mine said he caught about a 5lb one out of a golf course lake near Dardene Creek in St. Charles County several years back.  I'm pretty sure they have been in Missouri for a while.

4 tracks on Dardenne Creek.  Going upstream, St. Peter’s, the old Mid Rivers which is now a subdivision, Old Hickory which is across the creek from mid rivers and Links of Dardenne.  A guy could scramble down the bank at any of them.  I guess technically pheasant run is near it if you stay in the park.    

Dardenne had a fish kill at hwy K when the treatment plant sprung a leak about 10 years ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 8:10 PM, snagged in outlet 3 said:

4 tracks on Dardenne Creek.  Going upstream, St. Peter’s, the old Mid Rivers which is now a subdivision, Old Hickory which is across the creek from mid rivers and Links of Dardenne.  A guy could scramble down the bank at any of them.  I guess technically pheasant run is near it if you stay in the park.    

Dardenne had a fish kill at hwy K when the treatment plant sprung a leak about 10 years ago.  

Yeah it was St. Peters golf course.  The lake they let you fish in has some pretty large bass it in it too.  That was the only snakehead he ever caught.  He took a picture of it and it definitely was a snakehead and not a bowfin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moguy1973 said:

Yeah it was St. Peters golf course.  The lake they let you fish in has some pretty large bass it in it too.  That was the only snakehead he ever caught.  He took a picture of it and it definitely was a snakehead and not a bowfin.

Back in the day I snuck in the lake they DON'T let you fish.  It's a hog pen.  Only got about an hour fishing before they told me hit the road.  It was worth it.:) 

I used to fish there a lot back in the 90's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.