OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Quillback

Indian Creek, May 24

Got to the lake at dawn, looking for top water striper action.  Long story short, never really found any.  Covered quite a bit of lake looking for them, saw a few coming up by Clifty, stopped and fished there a while, caught one 18" striper and had one that was the size I was looking for, take a whack at my top water when it was about 20 feet away from the boat - I felt him grab the bait and reacted a little too quickly and I think I probably pulled it away from him.  That was about it for striper action.

Spent a couple of hours fishing around docks for bass with a 3.3 Keitech, caught 5 bass, 2 of them were keeper sized smallmouth.  Also caught 4 short walleye, they were all 16-17" fish.  

Pulled the boat out at 10 AM before the weekend rush got going.

large.May24smalls.jpg

23 minutes ago, Sore Thumbs said:

I’m gonna go in the morning for a few hours. Probably gonna be a busy lake with all the Oklahoma lakes being shut down 

Good point, didn't think of that.  

On 5/24/2019 at 3:14 PM, Quillback said:

Got to the lake at dawn, looking for top water striper action.  Long story short, never really found any.  Covered quite a bit of lake looking for them, saw a few coming up by Clifty, stopped and fished there a while, caught one 18" striper and had one that was the size I was looking for, take a whack at my top water when it was about 20 feet away from the boat - I felt him grab the bait and reacted a little too quickly and I think I probably pulled it away from him.  That was about it for striper action.

Spent a couple of hours fishing around docks for bass with a 3.3 Keitech, caught 5 bass, 2 of them were keeper sized smallmouth.  Also caught 4 short walleye, they were all 16-17" fish.  

Pulled the boat out at 10 AM before the weekend rush got going.

large.May24smalls.jpg

Really nice SM !!