5-26-19 Table Rock Lake/Lampe Mo,. Report

Bill Babler

• Members

Thanks for this report, it helped me find some fish this morning on the lower lake. 

Spots were going crazy busting on the surface way out on a gravel point. I wouldn’t have believed they were K’s until I threw the Keitech in there and caught one. Fun morning! 

On 5/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, Dock-in-it said:

Bill, thanks for the report. Have you been seeing any shoreline related shad spawn. It was good in a few places on Thursday and Friday morning.

We had shad spawning in our cove on Saturday morning.  Bass were tearing them up, pretty cool to see.

I know where that is😀

Two of the best jointed ones I have ever had got broken the same day. One got hook set jerked back and hit the side of the boat. The other got its side caved in by a 2 pound Jaw. The plastic they’ve made of is thin as Egg Shell 

• Members

Great report Bill.  Sue and I went out Sunday evening around 5:30 on the 26th and the lake was a mess with boaters, skiers, jet skis, pontoon boats, etc.  We motored on idle for nearly 300 yards before we could get to smooth water to get on plane.  We motored into a cove across from point 10 and caught 10 bass in a little over an hour.  Despite the heavy traffic and ways the bass were still active and most hammered our baits.  We are fishing mostly Ned's rigs in anywhere from 7 to 15 feet.  We went out yesterday morning (the 28th) and caught 18 between point 9 and 16 mostly in coves and points.  Several fish over 15" but most in the 12" - 14" range.  We lost another 6 fish that were on but jumped and threw hooks.  The fishing has been awesome.  We are fishing areas in some cases we have never fished before and doing well.  Enjoy this awesome bite while it last everyone.  

I just ordered two Red Fins they should come in today. Can someone (Bill maybe) give me some advice on how to work them?  Steady reel?  Or work like a spook?  Just point me in the right direction perhaps.  Thanks for all you guys share. It sure helps a guy who is learning. 

Carl

Get rid of the hooks and split rings as the first thing.  They are galvanized Salt water hooks and the split rings are size 5 when  they should be size 2. All that junk weighs a ton and sinks the bait. Use the lightest wire size 4 or 6 hook on it you can find. 

If you boil it, its toast, it will completely deform very quickly.

This bait is not designed to be a wake bait.  It is a subsurface crank bait designed to be fished 3 to 6 inches deep.  You fish it like a wake bait however holding the rod tip high and right over it.  As the bait nears the boat start dropping the rod tip but continue pointing at the bait.  You want a slow wide wobble on it right on the surface.  I fish it on 30 pound braid and just throw it out and reel it in slowly.

I fish it on a 7'4" spinning rod and can throw it a mile.

The bait should not be worked, it is just thrown out and reeled in.  If a fish eats it, never set the hook, just continue to reel and he will impale himself.  You jerk it and either you or the bait is done as it is coming your way fast.

If you only bought 2 and one of them works, go quickly, I mean run or drive as fast as you can and buy a lottery ticket.

Good Luck.

Anyone try the new Berkley ones?

B. Foz