OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Shaffer

4:30am - Water shut off

I just arrived to see the water off at Taneycomo.... which I am sure is because of the upcoming work to be done 6/1.

You can imagine my shock to see the water down ... 1st time in years it seems. It’s gonna look crazy in the daylight ....

cheers all - Brian

4:45am Edit - I just spoke to the Operator of TR Dam at the moment and he told me that No... the water being off has nothing to do with the work to be done. They have always been very cooperative with me...

So honestly, the water could come on at 6am now today for all I know. Taneycomo is a tough one to figure out I tell ya... 

It seems odd to go from running full blast with 5 flood gates open up above to nothing - Zero. The guy in the TR powerhouse hates to be bothered... I could tell from his tone...  so again - no tellin’ what the heck is going on. 

Hopefully you can take advantage of it if you like to Wade fish.  Been a while since we've been able to do that...

Water is still off from what I can see online.  Hopefully the rain is not as severe as what they are calling for.