Trip in the rain monday...

trythisonemv

Well the rain held off today and boy was it a fantastic day. I caught more fish than I can remember or count and one about 3-pound 18in. Early on the bugger bite was spectacular and then as the afternoon progressed the double scud rig drop shot style was the key.

20190603_100607.jpg

The creek is in excellent condition. The water is perfect level for nymphing and i did manage two fish on a dry. Size twelve olive wooly bugger landed the big fish. Majority of fish were on a double scud rig with a drop shot fished czech style.  The drywas a caddis sized 16. Fish were stacked in the riffles right as they dumped off into holes.  Multiple fish out of every hole and some gave up five plus fish. Best day ive ever had at crane id say.

6 hours ago, trythisonemv said:

Well the rain held off today and boy was it a fantastic day. I caught more fish than I can remember or count and one about 3-pound 18in. Early on the bugger bite was spectacular and then as the afternoon progressed the double scud rig drop shot style was the key.

20190603_100607.jpg

That is a giant crane creek trout! Congrats! That would be a great fish most anywhere else. But from that small creek it is a toad!

23 hours ago, trythisonemv said:

Multiple fish out of every hole and some gave up five plus fish. Best day ive ever had at crane id say.

Reading this makes me wish that we were able to fish Crane together before I moved. I would love to learn more about this creek. Only fished it about 6 times.

20 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Reading this makes me wish that we were able to fish Crane together before I moved. I would love to learn more about this creek. Only fished it about 6 times.

That wouldve been fun John! I can't get anyone to go with me because i havea weird schedule 

Umm this guy right here would love to accommodate a weird schedule lol. 

Sometimes it's easier to go during the week, just have to move stuff around at work.  I'd love to hit that creek sometime as I've never been there. That is a beast of a rainbow!  

Although @Johnsfolly is better looking, I smile a whole lot more!  :)

1 hour ago, Johnsfolly said:

Et tu DJ :huh:! That is just mean spirited buddy.

Haha, you know I love ya brother, now smile and know that our fishing bond will never be broken lol. 

I couldn't imagine a better day if you and I could get trythisonemv to be our crane creek guide for a day. I'd likely have to work hard to keep you trout hunting vs chasing those micros!  We could bring the girls too so they could put us both to shame.