Table Rock Current Fishing Report 6-4-19

Bill Babler

16 minutes ago, STLbassbuster said:

KVD was using a discontinued Strike king King Shad with a feathered treble on the rear. It’s a sub surface jointed hardbait. He caught a bunch on it today.

I saw that. He was also using a pencil popper and something that looked like a Redfin. He will not talk about the non Strike King products for obvious reasons. 

Don't worry, this bite's going to stop in the next day or so since I'll be at the lake Friday-Monday with the family 😄 Hopefully they keep eating the little guy, so I can put my little guy on his first Table Rock bass. He's got his tackle box packed up and is maybe more excited than I am.

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, shoes, outdoor, water and nature

• Members
On 6/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, Bill Babler said:

The right fin with the right modifications can be reeled at any speed and any rod angle. About 2 out of 50 at best. An OK fin can be reeled at slow speed with the rod high at its furthest point and rod lowered and speed increases as it gets closer. 10 out of 50 if modified correctly

Berkley Surge Shad works out of the box. It’s about 1/3rd. As good. Still needs rings and hooks. It will get about 2/3rds. As many blow-ups and about 1/2 as many hook-ups

Can you tell the hooks to put on a Redfin?  Is it #4 feathered in rear?  #3 up front?  What size snap rings? 

On 6/5/2019 at 1:02 AM, bluebasser86 said:

Hopefully they keep eating the little guy, so I can put my little guy on his first Table Rock bass. He's got his tackle box packed up and is maybe more excited than I am.

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, shoes, outdoor, water and nature

Great smile. He is a happy kid. Congrats on making memories with your little guy!

3 hours ago, jmcarrol said:

Can you tell the hooks to put on a Redfin?  Is it #4 feathered in rear?  #3 up front?  What size snap rings? 

I like a Gamakatsu No. 2 EWG on the rear with hand-tied chicken feathers (I know a guy) and a No. 4 EWG on the front. IMO, best off-the-shelf feather hook for the rear is the Mustad KVD Ultra Point in No. 2. 

ClassActionTransparent.png

• Members
9 minutes ago, Champ188 said:

I like a Gamakatsu No. 2 EWG on the rear with hand-tied chicken feathers (I know a guy) and a No. 4 EWG on the front. IMO, best off-the-shelf feather hook for the rear is the Mustad KVD Ultra Point in No. 2. 

Thank you very much