OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
FishermanTodd

Headed to chase some smallies

What section did you fish? I was thinking of doing an overnight on the upper Niangua. Away from the party floats. I’m from St. Joseph area. Any trip is about a 4 hr drive. One way

On 6/9/2019 at 9:32 PM, fishinwrench said:

Prosperine up to Ho-Humm and back is alot of fun.  

I like from Moon Valley up about 1 1/2 miles.  Good for a short day. The first 200 yards is a bit of a struggle, but after that it's great.

So I did prosperine up to ho humm today. I think I like going up from moon valley better. Prosperine area and up is just not fishing well for me so far this summer. 

23 hours ago, creek wader said:

What section did you fish? I was thinking of doing an overnight on the upper Niangua. Away from the party floats. I’m from St. Joseph area. Any trip is about a 4 hr drive. One way

That day I put in at Moon Valley conservation access and paddled upstream about a mile maybe a mile and a half. It was my first time on the upper Niangua and I really liked it. I will definitely be doing some more exploring up that way. You can also avoid the party crowd from prosperine down to lead mine which I heard is a really good over night trip fishing wise.