OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Seth

Upper Meramec Invitational Video

Very nice Seth and congratulations on the win but, I really hate to see fish taken off beds and taken to a weigh in..... such is life and that ain’t your problem it’s mine.

on a side note I like your style Seth you don’t get too goofy and overly excited and I totally respect that my friend 😃

28 minutes ago, Smalliebigs said:

Very nice Seth and congratulations on the win but, I really hate to see fish taken off beds and taken to a weigh in..... such is life and that ain’t your problem it’s mine.

on a side note I like your style Seth you don’t get too goofy and overly excited and I totally respect that my friend 😃

I hear ya. It was just one fish though and there were several others guarding nests nearby that we did not bother. This is the first time I have ever seen a smallmouth on a nest in my life much less fished for and caught one from a bed. They are normally done spawning way before now.

Tommy gets way more wound up than me. He gets antsy if I don't net the fish the first time it surfaces. I'm going to start slipping Xanax in his energry drinks before we take off in the mornings. 🤣

Did you speed the video up?  Or is your net partner just that agile?  I would've tripped over rods and fallen on my face or out of the boat completely if I tried to move that fast.😂  And I sure as hell ain't going to come to the aid of my fishing partner that quick . . . . I'm going to finish my cast at the very least, and maybe my beer too, before I get the darn net for everyone of his 14 inchers that he mistakes for the next state record.  I guess I don't have that level of servitude in me.

And 40 minutes harassing a bedding fish?  Ehh . . . . . You might want to edit that part out.  I was 12 years old when I won the big fish trophy at Camp Arrowhead years ago, employing the exact same tactic, and I still carry the guilt. 😂

10 minutes ago, ColdWaterFshr said:

d 40 minutes harassing a bedding fish?  Ehh . . . . . You might want to edit that part out.  I was 12 years old when I won the big fish trophy at Camp Arrowhead years ago, employing the exact same tactic, and I still carry the guilt. 😂

Pictures or it didn’t happen😆

57 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Pictures or it didn’t happen😆

Man . . . I was so proud.  No pictures unfortunately, but it did happen.  Caught it in the creek right by the old swimming pool down near Soapstone cave.  I shimmied out onto a limb and dangled a big white marabou jig in front of that nest guarding fish until she attacked it in anger.  Same year I got chigger infestation on my junk and had to go see the camp nurse and show her my terrible affliction.  Ahh . . . .the triumphs and humiliations one can suffer during 1 brutal week of summer camp.