OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Phil Lilley

One Cast Trophy

7 hours ago, MickinMO said:

I am trying to imagine what a 17lb rainbow would look like and I'm coming up with nothin' after seeing this 12lb fish. What a catch and great job on the video production

Well, here is the MDC video story on the state record rainbow. Caught at Roaring River in the park right below the hatchery pond dam. Wonder if it was a recent stocker from the pond or it truly had been in for awhile?

Congrats Phil on a great rainbow! Also thanks for putting on a clinic on the effectiveness of back reeling to apply constant pressure on a big fish! Been trying to teach my daughter how to use back reeling instead of just relying on the drag. Will show her this video. Congrats again.

That was great to watch! I had to laugh when you said you were shaking.....It was truly hard to tell 🤔

Now, if it was one of us bass guys we would have been saying things like it is a big 'un.....a giant etc.!! 😎

You are going to have to work on your catch phrases when you catch the next large trout!!

C4F

Son!

Is that better?

It was cool.  Fortunate to land him.  He kept flipping around and hitting his tail on my line.  Just the power of it should have broken my line, not to mention flipping the jig out of its mouth.  Nothing I could do about that.

Thanks!