OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
trythisonemv

Heading down tuesday anyone been lately?

1 hour ago, trythisonemv said:

Hope to hit the spring tuesday and try out some new patterns with my dad. Anyone been?

Good for you, say hello to your Dad from Sandy and I. Normally I could tell you what the creek was like. But this past week I took my fly rod to texas to catch some bass. According to the chart the water is still on high side but well within the good fishing range. Fish will lay up higher in the water if the there is any color to it. Hope you guys have a great trip.

1 hour ago, laker67 said:

Good for you, say hello to your Dad from Sandy and I. Normally I could tell you what the creek was like. But this past week I took my fly rod to texas to catch some bass. According to the chart the water is still on high side but well within the good fishing range. Fish will lay up higher in the water if the there is any color to it. Hope you guys have a great trip.

Will do Rick!  Thanks. You have any suggestions on flies i havent fly fished it much?  Where did you go in Texas?  

3 hours ago, trythisonemv said:

Hope to hit the spring tuesday and try out some new patterns with my dad. Anyone been?

Good luck. Waiting to see some dad hero photos😁!

My cuz camped down there recently.  Water was up but fishable.  They did good on sculpin jigs, they fly fished too but I'll have to ask him what they were using.  Prolly an egg pattern of I had to guess.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, trythisonemv said:

Will do Rick!  Thanks. You have any suggestions on flies i havent fly fished it much?  Where did you go in Texas?  

Suggestions would be everything you use at crane. Went to Richmond Tx and caught some k3 bass, huge bluegill, and one channel cat that was not supposed to be in the lake we were fishing. Caught everything on a barbell olive and white sculpin.

20 hours ago, Jhoff said:

I went down Friday, mainly used worms in the live bait zone with kiddos.  Managed to get 30 min or so in zone 2 caught 5 or so on a white pj jig.  Water is up but very fishable.  My daughter just decided to let her hair go nuts this day.

IMG_20190607_095007057.jpg

Congrats on some nice fish with the kids! 

54 minutes ago, trythisonemv said:

Would zone two be the place to throw streamers?

I would assume you could throw streamers in zone 2.  Im probably not the right person to ask though.  I've tried fly fishing and suck so I don't do it.