OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Dutch

Summertime spots

I have set a goal for myself to learn to fish for the suspended KYs this summer.  When does this generally start and how far down the James would I need to go to start my search?

Does anyone have some screen shots of what I need to look for?

23 hours ago, Dutch said:

That is a place that I do not know.  How far down is it from Cape Fair?

The real name is Carney Branch. I would start right at the Marina and work south. You will find suspended fish on almost every point or secondary point on the entire lake. Give me a shout sometime and I will be happy to take you out.

Thanks.  We always called it JL’s Hollow or Carney Branch.  I‘ve never heard it called cool water cove.  I’d be honored to be shown some tips on this technique,

I have put new electronics on my rig hoping that I can find this bite that I have heard so much about over the years.

53 minutes ago, liphunter said:

Would that be the same as Carney Hollow?

Probably though I have not heard it called that either.  It is on the same side just before buzzard.

Went down this morning cruised around points and bluffs out to 90 feet from Carney to Piney.  Never saw more than 1 fish here and there.  I guess I was looking in the wrong places or don’t know what to look for.