OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
M40

How much water is too much?

Hi all. Never fished the Gasconade before. Thinking about doing a float in my 10' kayak near the Hazelgreen area (not sure yet if I'll put in or take out there) this weekend. Water is currently flowing at 1,600 CFS. That seems high. Is it too high to fish for smallies?

I have a buddy who guides up in that area and he doesn't like to take clients when the water is higher than 3.5' (preferably 3') on the Hazelgreen gauge. It's showing 3.96 right now. You would probably be fine by yourself in a kayak though. I'd definitely be chunking a squarebill and a spinnerbait to every current seem I saw.

3 minutes ago, Seth said:

I have a buddy who guides up in that area and he doesn't like to take clients when the water is higher than 3.5' (preferably 3') on the Hazelgreen gauge. It's showing 3.96 right now. You would probably be fine by yourself in a kayak though. I'd definitely be chunking a squarebill and a spinnerbait to every current seem I saw.

Appreciate it. Definitely planning to toss the squarebill.