Don't ya just love

oghfm

46 minutes ago, liphunter said:

If our big brother is so hell bent on taking care of us. What is the deal with the zipper. Why do we as a society subject our young men and the occasional drunken old guy  to the trauma and terror of the zipper. Little Mikey looked like he had been in a war zone by the age of ten. Stop the madness!!! Two words. VEL-CRO. Make it happen!!! Write your local corrupt legislator and protect our young! Send all donations to protect the package .com. 

Ya know why sheepherders wear robes?

Cuz sheep can hear a zipper a mile away. 😊

1 hour ago, JCreek said:

My Tracker from last year had one cheap tank and an Atwood relief valve.  The tank didn't seem to swell much but the quick connect is now leaking at the ball valve.  I bought another tank and relief valve this year so will have spares.

When checking the fuel pickup this spring (came loose so I installed a clamp) I find the tank has quite a bit of dirt in the bottom.  Of course it must be from that valve.  Now BassPro no longer sells the valve and they were closing them out on Amazon.  Is there something else replacing that system?

Not sure which system you're describing.

If you are referring to an anti-siphon valve then you can swap it out for a standard open nipple as long as the fuel tank is lower than the motor (which is pretty much all boats except for pontoons).

Fuel quick connect fittings should only be used on clamp-on PORTABLE outboards.   If the motor is bolted to the boat then by all means shitcan those quick connect fittings.

The quick connect is for switching tanks.........Guess a guy could just carry extra gas in a mower type can.  Those are another story also.

But I was curious about the Atwood fuel demand valve:

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/portable-fuel/fuel-demand-valve

Without that the tank expands to the point of losing it's shape.  ( I beat one back into shape with a rubber mallet! )   It's very easy to disable the one way vent in the cap, but then it will suck in air and moisture.  What is the best course of action other than trying to find a steel tank?

3 hours ago, liphunter said:

If our big brother is so hell bent on taking care of us. What is the deal with the zipper. Why do we as a society subject our young men and the occasional drunken old guy  to the trauma and terror of the zipper. Little Mikey looked like he had been in a war zone by the age of ten. Stop the madness!!! Two words. VEL-CRO. Make it happen!!! Write your local corrupt legislator and protect our young! Send all donations to protect the package .com. 

Hell just let him wear draw string pajamas all the time.  Half the people in walmart are wearing those anyway.

Went to a new restaurant over in Nevada few years back.  About done eating when the owner/chef came out to see how we enjoyed our meal.  I looked up and saw this fat dirty slob with those "jams" on and his hand down in there scratching himself...  Didn't go back there.

6 minutes ago, JCreek said:

Hell just let him wear draw string pajamas all the time.  Half the people in walmart are wearing those anyway.

Went to a new restaurant over in Nevada few years back.  About done eating when the owner/chef came out to see how we enjoyed our meal.  I looked up and saw this fat dirty slob with those "jams" on and his hand down in there scratching himself...  Didn't go back there.

I am kind of stuck between a belly laugh and throw up right now. weird sensation...

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

8 hours ago, liphunter said:

Velcro would suck. Bring back button fly jeans!

• Members

JCreek I recently put one of those fuel demand valves on my gas line because my tank was building too much pressure also. The fuel demand valve keeps over-pressurized fuel from getting into your motor, but it doesnt vent your tank unless the pressure rises very high. 

I have a 2009 4 stroke Yamaha 40hp and had to replace my fuel pump this spring. I don't know if the extra pressure previously in my tank had anything to do with the pump going bad, but i was nervous that it could do damage. 

LogoMakr-0N400y.png

23 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Fuel quick connect fittings should only be used on clamp-on PORTABLE outboards.   If the motor is bolted to the boat then by all means shitcan those quick connect fittings.

.....or bolted on motors with portable tanks as in smaller Trackers.  These portable tanks must be removed for filling by state law.   A longer hose would allow for that without disconnecting, but not being able to disconnect from the engine without tools?  Seems problematic.