OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris_STL

Kayak access points

Good afternoon all--I just moved to Eureka.  I was looking to take my fishing kayak out the other day and couldn't find a place to put in.  Winter Park and Minnie Ha Ha were still closed from flooding.  How's Route 66 park look?  I don't really know the area yet.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Looked a bit muddy when I drove over it Sunday. Take a look at the maps on the Ozark Anglers Main Page, and look at the maps on Missouricanoe.org. Get a paddlers guide from the MDC store too. It’s more up to date.

Don't forget about Allenton.  Allenton to Rte. 66 is a nice morning or evening float.  Bridge over the railroad is one way at 6 flags, have to come down Main from Eureka to access.

Was just at the Palisades ramp. Water looks good!

1 hour ago, MOFishwater said:

Seems like vehicle break ins/damage are increasing recently @ Allenton. Just a heads up, mebbe get someone to drop you off if you can. Sucks but seems to be the new norm.

The raft guy is there most weekend days now.  I chased two suspicious characters off last year from there.  They were clearly checking my truck out when I came up to get something I forgot in my truck  Made sure they saw me taking their picture with my cell phone and they left in a hurry.

Your vehicle will get checked out. Don’t leave anything of value in it. Same rules apply in town. The hoods will break your window for $1 worth of change.in your cup holder. The cops don’t care.

Well we've flooded again in Eureka overnight, no access to Route 66 as of this morning, I had 2 of my 3 escape routes out of neighborhood flooded out. Might be a few days before the access is open, although the river looked about same this morning so maybe it'll recede quickly. 6.5" of rain in neighbor's gauge. Wow.

Havent taken kayak off the wall still this year, might be time to toss her on craigslist and make the wife happy.

Edit: Park access was open this morning (Tues) FYI. Notify your next of kin if you plan on putting in today.