Finally!!

LD Fisher

Picked up the new boat last week and plan to break it in starting this weekend and all of next week!  Took it out to a private lake to get a feel for the new features, spot lock, Helix and Solix........... Love the spot lock and I Pilot Link, but think I need to go back to school to learn how to use the Solix!!

if you see me out, please stop by and say hello!

Larry

IMG_0921.JPG

Nice,  what is the advantage of one solix and one helix as opposed to two helixs?

What model of Ranger?

Thx

Bobby

Well, l'm cheap.  No, I didn't want to pay for two solix's right now and I didn't think I needed a touch screen on the bow. I believe the helix on the bow will do a great job. The solix on the console is a touch screen and linked to the I Pilot so I can control the trolling motor from the console if I want.  I was out in it for about an hour last weekend and there is a learning curve on the solix…..the helix is very similar to the 988 on my old boat so I am somewhat familiar with it's operation.  Still have to learn all the capabilities with the I Pilot, but that shouldn't take long and WOW is the screen clear!!

The boats a 1880 MS with a 150 on the back......the wife is excited to have a full windshield that blocks all the wind on chilly days, so i'm hopeful we will be spending more time on the water!!

I too am cheap - I'll  be interested to know if you think the Solix is worth the extra money over the Helix - I have two Helix 10s and the Ulterra with the Link.

Bobby

Bobby, I'll let you know after I get some experience with it.  My thought was to be able to easily control the trolling motor from the console if its cold and we want to just troll.  I know I could just use the remote, but things have a tendency to jump out of my hands when I'm on the water 😄