TRL Facebook page "censored"

skeeter

25 minutes ago, mixermarkb said:

The part that I find most interesting is that the only time I read of Jesus showing REAL ANGER, was when the religious folk of the day, turned the temple into a place of business. 

He got good and pissed at a fruit tree for not having anything to eat on it.  😅  Apparently didn't understand how plants work.   So judgement based on ignorance was also a flaw of the almighty.

Not complaining, it's a thing all forums do at times, but, it appears to me that it is the same thing that started this thread off. It is censoring. There is no free speech, never has been.  Saying offensive things used to get people killed, censoring saves lives.

11 minutes ago, tjm said:

Not complaining, it's a thing all forums do at times, but, it appears to me that it is the same thing that started this thread off. It is censoring. There is no free speech, never has been.  Saying offensive things used to get people killed, censoring saves lives.

The right to free speech is as intact as it ever was, but so is anyone's choice to not listen to it. Whether that means by leaving the area, turning up some music, or dictating the types of conversation that can be had at any given place. 

Start openly discussing genital mutilation at a restaurant and you're gonna get told to shut up or leave.

41 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

you're gonna get told to shut up or leave.

See, no freedom.  The right to free speech only means the guberment can't arrest you for talking politics, but they can still get you for sedition or inciting a mob. 

1 hour ago, tjm said:

See, no freedom.  The right to free speech only means the guberment can't arrest you for talking politics, but they can still get you for sedition or inciting a mob. 

Your perception is all jacked up, bro.  

You're FREE to either shut up, or leave.  Nowhere on earth are you free to just do/say whatever you might feel like doing/saying, no matter what, without consequences.

I say things quite often, knowing full well that I could catch hell for saying it.  And when I do I man up and accept it without thumping my chest about my "right" to free speech.   

Of all the rights you have, the right to run your mouth about whatever you feel like is the most insignificant one. So who cares?  Until telling blatant lies becomes illegal then the right to speak freely has no merit.