OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oneshot

Well

16 hours ago, oneshot said:

Nope been good all day.

oneshot

Three days of rain here, had to comment on you leaving that pretty piece of scenery to go home in those conditions. Turns out smallmouth don't mind the rain, I got wet but caught some fish all three days.

That's something I've never learned how to do.  How many hands does it take for rod and fish and camera when waist deep in the creek? I usually have the reel under an armpit and one hand each on fish and fly- now I think would be a good time to unzip the vest pocket and get the camera out - but wait that takes two more hands? just for the stubborn zipper and...   I certainly admire the pictures others post and have often wondered how they do it.

16 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Pictures?

All the keepers were after dark and before midnight.  Daylight bass ran between 8-11" and day time google eye about 5-6".

5 minutes ago, tjm said:

I certainly admire the pictures others post and have often wondered how they do it.

A good water proof camera within easy reach helps. That or you spend a lot of time taking pictures and not fishing. I usually have at least 2 or 3 cameras with me at all times but I like photography. 

I bought two cheaper cameras that I thought would make pictures of my out door doings but they are either in the truck, at home or the battery is dead etc. I never got the camera bug much although half dozen of my Navy pals did and spent huge money on meters and lenses and cases to carry it all around. 35mm slides were the craze with lenses a foot and a half long and soft ball size diameter. Ghost images and multiple exposures, time lapse of the stars from a moving deck and so on; crazy bunch of sailors. 

16 minutes ago, tjm said:

I bought two cheaper cameras that I thought would make pictures of my out door doings but they are either in the truck, at home or the battery is dead etc. I never got the camera bug much although half dozen of my Navy pals did and spent huge money on meters and lenses and cases to carry it all around. 35mm slides were the craze with lenses a foot and a half long and soft ball size diameter. Ghost images and multiple exposures, time lapse of the stars from a moving deck and so on; crazy bunch of sailors. 

Met a lady last Saturday night that did some photos my kid used in her webshow. She told photography is what got her through being in Iraq in the military. I've met several photographers that started like that.