OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

3 people

No license, stamp.  No boater's license. Driving a boat under the influence. 

Over limit. 2 browns under 20 inches. Fishing with bait in the trophy area.  Possession of slotted rainbows.

Outstanding warrants out of state.

I think that's all they got them for...

Good to see them get busted... I've seen a few groups up there at night fishing with live bait and such and keeping fish. In those cases none of the parties spoke English or at least pretended to not understand me when I told them they were breaking the laws.  They all high tailed it out of there as soon as they were confronted.  

I would be interested in what the fine totals were for their violations

Boating under the influence, multiple Wildlife Code violations, warrent from another state. 

Sounds more like an extended stay in the Grabar Hotel should be in order.

Something about trout brings out the poacher in otherwise law abiding people.  Every single time I've been to RRSP over the last twenty years or so I've noticed guys put 4 on stringer early and then continue fishing under the  guise of catch and release. Others put fish on multiple stringers, presumably family members" stringers, but I have seen stringers with no visible name tag too.  And then the guys I despise that put every fish on a stringer through the gills until they catch bigger one and turn the smaller gill damaged fish loose as they cull out a limit of the bigger fish.  Culling is poaching too.  (unless you are a pro bass guy)

I think its partly the elitist part about trout and the fact that they are a renewable resource.

In England, Trout were reserved for the Nobles and protected by wardens.  Trout and fly fishing has always been a step above, something for the upper crust.  Peasants would raid and steal the trout from the elite.

Then the renewable part, the fish trucks will dump another load next week.  Better get them quick before they die off since they were not supposed to be here in the first place..

On 8/10/2019 at 7:11 PM, Gatorjet said:

Boating under the influence, multiple Wildlife Code violations, warrent from another state. 

Sounds more like an extended stay in the Grabar Hotel should be in order.

Unfortunately, you have to do a lot more than that on a regular basis to actually get put into prison. I mean, you have to try really hard on numerous occasions to go to jail these days.