Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DeadCalm

HELP updating electronics and TM

Recommended Posts

Despite what one hears about the bbc board, you can get a lot of great knowledgeable information on the Humminbird sonar forum, particularly from Wayne Purdue. I have installed a helix 10 di up front and helix 10 si at the helm, haven’t had a chance to use them yet but have received all the information on how to use them through the bbc board. The Technological Angler through you tube gives a lot of understanding on your settings through many videos all in aiding ones understanding of how to use these units. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garmin livesscope is the only way to go. By far out performs anything on the market including Lowrance live view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 96 CHAMP said:

Despite what one hears about the bbc board, you can get a lot of great knowledgeable information on the Humminbird sonar forum, particularly from Wayne Purdue. I have installed a helix 10 di up front and helix 10 si at the helm, haven’t had a chance to use them yet but have received all the information on how to use them through the bbc board. The Technological Angler through you tube gives a lot of understanding on your settings through many videos all in aiding ones understanding of how to use these units. 

Roger that Champ, thanks. I see by ur profile that you live in Washington.....pretty little town. I moved here from Union. Thanks again for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I agree but thought I would share, seen this the Other day. My plan is to buy the Ultrex this winter with the DI transducer built in, 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve thought about that myself.  I have the Ulterra and a ducer mounted on it.  I am getting by with a Precision Sonar mount that clamps to the top and bottom of the shaft and holds the ducer cable.

i don’t know how good the Garmin is but I really like all of the linking functions that I get having trolling motor and sonar with the same parent company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last month I had bought 2 Helix 12's.  SI for the console and DI at the bow.  I also bought a 36v Ultrex with the built in Mega DI transducer.  I had everything linked together and installed on my 223 Champion.  Bought everything and installed at Marine Repair in Springfield.  They did an unbelievable job and I am very happy with it.  The install is clean and neat and everything works fantastic.  Made the appt. and they finished it in less than a day.  Highly recommend them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Green pumpkin said:

Last month I had bought 2 Helix 12's.  SI for the console and DI at the bow.  I also bought a 36v Ultrex with the built in Mega DI transducer.  I had everything linked together and installed on my 223 Champion.  Bought everything and installed at Marine Repair in Springfield.  They did an unbelievable job and I am very happy with it.  The install is clean and neat and everything works fantastic.  Made the appt. and they finished it in less than a day.  Highly recommend them.

That’s exactly the setup i’m considering.....would you mind giving me a ballpark number on what it cost? Also you’ve had it a month....how do you like it? Anything you would change?

Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DeadCalm said:

That’s exactly the setup i’m considering.....would you mind giving me a ballpark number on what it cost? Also you’ve had it a month....how do you like it? Anything you would change?

Thanks for the feedback.

I went with the Humminbird since that is what I've always ran so there wasn't much of a learning curve and they are really easy for me to navigate through.  I was going to get a 10 SI for the console, but figured since I was already dropping some serious money, I went ahead and got 2 12's.  For the whole setup installed it was about 9.  That's with the Ethernet box and link cables for both graphs and trolling motor as well as the graphs, trolling motor and Ram mounts.  It was a 100% from the ground up install.  Its a whole lot of money but the things I'm able to do with the setup blows anything I've ever had before out of the water.  The way I'm able to communicate between my trolling motor and graphs is game changer for me.  If I want to fish a certain area like a brush pile or ledge, I've got everything set in my system so all I have to do is drop my trolling motor and hit a button and it sets me right where I want to be positioned off my waypoint and holds me there.  I wouldn't change anything on my setup.  I went bigger than I initially planned and I'm glad I did.  I also bought three new 31 series deep cycles to run that beast of a trolling motor.  I've always fancied myself a shallow water, power fisherman type that really just needed depth and water temp readings but to compete with some of these guys on the lakes I fish you have to be able to fish deeper and this setup has already cashed a couple checks for me that I don't think would have happened if I hadn't had it.  Maybe over the next 15 or 20 years I'll win enough to almost pay for half of it. hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.