First Ever Walleye Day

liphunter

Went out with Ed of lmt out-fitters today and had a great time. I needed some serious schooling on walleye fishing, so I got a hold of Ed and glad I did. We Put 20 in the boat 12 keepers and eight shorts. Lost two nice ones at the boat. Several were in the 18 to 20 inch range, and the two we lost were in  that window as well.  Did some jig and crawler, and some bottom bouncing. Both seemed to work. Took six home for a fish fry. The most important part for me was Ed filling me in on things I needed to know, like why, where, and when. I learned a ton... Not to over sell myself on this. Ed pretty much carried the day. But he did have the good side of the boat.😒 I definitely felt like I got a good deal...  Mike

IMG_0155[1].JPG

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity...... Or you could just flip a coin???B)

3 hours ago, liphunter said:

Went out with Ed of lmt out-fitters today and had a great time. I needed some serious schooling on walleye fishing, so I got a hold of Ed and glad I did. We Put 20 in the boat 12 keepers and eight shorts. Lost two nice ones at the boat. Several were in the 18 to 20 inch range, and the two we lost were in  that window as well.  Did some jig and crawler, and some bottom bouncing. Both seemed to work. Took six home for a fish fry. The most important part for me was Ed filling me in on things I needed to know, like why, where, and when. I learned a ton... Not to over sell myself on this. Ed pretty much carried the day. But he did have the good side of the boat.😒 I definitely felt like I got a good deal...  Mike

IMG_0155[1].JPG

Mike thanks for hoping in the boat it was a very nice day on the water.  We filled 6 I took a couple home and bagged Mike up his 4.  Just got done eating fresh fish off the grill. I'm not much of a fish eater but fresh walleye is hard to beat.   16 ft deep seemed to be the ticked, color didn't seem to matter.  

Nice, great picture !

I see one of those crooked backed walleyes, I caught one once where the tail was turned straight up it was still over 20", it must not affect the health, or ability to feed. I wonder what causes that ? I have caught at least 2 like that both were larger.