Gulfport/Venice report

A little late but I went down to fish with a offroading buddy in Gulfport to celebrate his birthday cheers.gif Originally we were going to go to venice fri-sat-sun but plans change as they often do. Friday we fished around Biloxi in my friend's 19ft cc. Fishing wasn't great, we caught some small mangroves, the ever present hardhead and I somehow hooked a small needlefish. We ate a tasty lunch at Gollott's and took it easy the rest of the day.

Saturday we went offshore with the owner of Sea2Swamp out of biloxi, he was not hopeful since seas were 4-5ft but his brand new tidewater 28ft cc had an amazingly comfortable ride out to the reef we fished. We probably only actually fished for 3 hours on two different reefs but caught our limit of snapper, one being my 11lb one and the owner of the boats 16lb fish. We cruised around ship island waiting for some rain to pass and were back at the dock by 2pm. We had an amazing dinner at the half shell oyster house in gulfport. I had pecan encrusted redfish...amazing.

Sunday was up in the air as the guys we were possibly fishing with did not get back until 11pm eek.gif and they had ran over 200 miles that day. We got on the water around 9am and got bait around the harbor at pass Christian, MS. We got to the city rigs around 12:30 and I immediately started catching...sharks. all I could land all day was sharks rotfl.gif The boat landed 4 snapper and a big sand trout. We had some pretty serious weather approaching so the decision was made to try for some AJ then flee. I hooked two but lost them. After that we took our time getting back to avoid weather moving through. All told we traveled 185 miles sunday eek.gif but I made some good friends and contacts. I am headed back in november for tuna dance.gif

20190809_093813.jpg

20190809_095705.jpg

20190809_102806.jpg

20190809_103527.jpg

20190809_130317.jpg

20190809_132851.jpg

20190809_085505.jpg

20190809_091559.jpg

20190809_092203.jpg

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

22 hours ago, fshndoug said:

Real men lip snappers

I like my fingers without holes in them! 😬

21 hours ago, Ham said:

Got to give you Props Cody, you make those trips happen. 

Happy Birthday!

Thanks Ham.  We are headed to gulf shores next month, and I am going to go over there for a day trip to try for some amberjack hopefully

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

3 hours ago, gotmuddy said:

I like my fingers without holes in them! 😬

Thanks Ham.  We are headed to gulf shores next month, and I am going to go over there for a day trip to try for some amberjack hopefully

Did someone say AmberJacks?  Hope you get after em Cody.  Hardest fighting fish I've come across so far.

20180417_133109.jpg

42 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Did someone say AmberJacks?  Hope you get after em Cody.  Hardest fighting fish I've come across so far.

20180417_133109.jpg

I think that I had one on for a short time before it was off. Caught a 38 lb wahoo on my next bait. Can't complain since I think that they are one of the best eating fish out there.

Congrats @gotmuddy on some nice fish!