Wader Recommendation

I did some research on here and it sounds like there was a lot of discussion over the last couple of years on what waders are the best value. I want some input now. I am looking for something up to $160 or so. Nothing too expensive. I don't need to be Mr. Orvis out there. Just not get wet. My duck hunting waders are too dang warm for fishing..and clumsy.

So, what do you recommend for a good wader/boot for $200-250?

Thanks!

Milo

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

How old are you Ryan?

I know this isn't what you asked or wanted to hear but even at your young age and how much you like to fish and will do the rest of your life go Simms and never look back. You will not regret it,

Mr. And Mrs. BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

4 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

How old are you Ryan?

I know this isn't what you asked or wanted to hear but even at your young age and how much you like to fish and will do the rest of your life go Simms and never look back. You will not regret it,

Mr. And Mrs. BilletHead

Just turned 29 yesterday! I was kind of thinking that. They seem to be the best and last the longest.

Thanks for the input, Marty!

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

20 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Hodgemann or Simms depending on whether you'd rather spend 300.00 every 3 years, or 600.00 every 6 years.

Sounds like Simms is the right choice..

39 minutes ago, Ryan Miloshewski said:

Just turned 29 yesterday! I was kind of thinking that. They seem to be the best and last the longest.

Thanks for the input, Marty!

Just remember -- you will never weigh less than you do now. Never. :D 

John

5 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

ALL of them leak at some point and that point isn't determined by a price tag. I do like my Simms Aquaseal brand though.

Yep, and keep in mind that if you do splurge on a high dollar pair you MUST have a love affair with them (turning them inside out after every trip and storing them with love) otherwise they won't last any longer than the cheaper pairs.   

If you're the kinda guy that just throws them in the back of a truck and puts the boots on top of them to keep them from blowing out (like I am) then you might as well just buy less expensive ones of decent quality, and just replace them every few years.

X3 on Simms. Oh and be sure they are the Goretex version made in Bozeman, MT, not their Chinese version which is made out of a material called Toray.

Look on Ebay… I bought a pair of used Simms Goretex that were hardly used for 80 bucks.