Dove Opener

Ryan Miloshewski

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Next year I am going to keep track of hours and dollars spent MAINTAINING, vs. hours spent ENJOYING.

I'm certain that we are way upside down in this thing.  🤔

DON'T DO IT.  It is just depressing.

I didn't go dove hunting.

Wifey's old house had a pool and she loved it when the kids were young. Everybody loves the family with the pool (but it ain't true love :D )  . She got awfully tired of the effort and cost of maintenance after they were gone. It's was a money pit -- but it's somebody else's worry now. I always wanted to put my float tube in there just for the photo op, but didn't get it done before she sold it.

I pay $600 a year for a neighborhood pool, common area maintenance, recycling and trash pickup. Don't know the breakdown and don't really care. I've been to the pool once in 19 years, but my babies used it when they were around. 

Like I said, I didn't go dove hunting. :D

John

Yep, mine is still running to, I also admit to having tested some lures in it.  I keep it around for the grandson, grown kids etc.  But mostly it gets used as an outdoor bathtub when I am all sweaty from whatever task an old fat man has to do.  Sure does feel nice to plop into it about dark and cool down.  And yeah I use a lot of chlorine in it to compensate.

2 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

I know I've spent more than 600 on this lure testing facility this year.   Matter of fact the cost of the electricity to run the dang pump 24/7 all Summer probably eclipsed 600.....and it's STILL out there running as I type. 

Business expense??!!:D

1 hour ago, MOPanfisher said:

But mostly it gets used as an outdoor bathtub when I am all sweaty from whatever task an old fat man has to do. 

Sound delightful and inviting 😄

John

36 minutes ago, ness said:

Sound delightful and inviting 😄

I was at the resort pool since Friday and the restroom was inside the pool house and I never saw anyone but me go in there.        No kids, no adults no wet foot prints.  I mentioned it to my daughter and she says “everybody pisses in the pool dad”. 😆

Nice!!!!

I NEVER pee in my own pool and I don't use other people's pool.  For some reason they have always taken exception to me showing up after dark all sweaty and skinny dipping.  Not very friendly if you ask me.